Sunday, April 04, 2004

Yes, I'm Still Here!

I wish I had some spectacular explanation as to why I've been absent recently but alas, there's no grand reason to give. I didn't jet off to Tahiti nor did I ride to Ushuaia, Argentina, the world's southern-most city. I've mainly been around home although I've taken a handful of short rides over the last couple of months just to prevent being too stagnant. I appreciate the concern and encouragement I've received in emails, etc... y'all are some pretty nice folk to follow up on me. THANKS!

As always, I have kept up on my correspondence. Dana thought she was REALLY funny when she sent the following article to me from her visit to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico:

Labor Dispute Halts Mail in Ireland
(NYT 3/23/04)

Ireland's state-owned postal service stopped delivering and accepting mail in Dublin and five surrounding counties as a result of a dispute with its labor union. Union members are refusing to use new mail-sorting procedures because management says the company lost money last year and cannot pay salary increases.

Dana's comment to me: "I know you are grieving with the people of Dublin."
My comment to Dana: SMART ASS! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home