Friday, November 12, 2004

At Last, The Sequel

I was at the first viewing of Bridget Jones' The Edge of Reason today. I've been eagerly awaiting the release of this film, fearing my level of expectation all the while. So few sequels can meet the energy and impact of its prequel, or at least that's popular opinion. I must say, I did enjoy today's movie but I won't go see it three times as I did the first flick. At the same time, I can not believe the movie was showing here since it is in limited release. We are never at the front of the line! What happened?!?!

There was something about that first movie that just captured my heart. I loved the honesty of Bridget and was envious of her ability to journal. *curses! will I ever get on track and journal for myself?!?* Who can resist her clumsy charm and continuous battle with foot-in-mouth disease? And it's impossible not to melt for the magnificent Mark Darcy, played by Colin Firth. *swoon* Without fail, I giggle my butt off every time her friends lend their support even in praise of her less-than-able attempts at culinary art.

The soundtrack of the first one was great, too. I am debating tonight whether or not to get the second one. Several of the songs played in the film are already in my collection so I'd hate to duplicate. I'll take a look at it over the weekend and make a final decision.

On a sidenote... I nearly threw my bag of plain M&Ms at a chick sitting a few seats away from me after she gasped at Renee Zellweger's character and exclaimed: GOD! She's SO fat! I was stunned, truly. For fact-o-files, Renee bumped up from her usual size 10 to a size 14 for her role.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home