Monday, December 27, 2004

I'm An Addict

We all have addictions, some of us have more than one or a few. One of my addictions is movies. I love movies. I love the escape, I love art imitating life, I love cinemaphotography and scenery and I love a well written script. I am especially fond of foreign and independent film, a.k.a. Indies. Here are a few of the favorites that come to mind and I recommend:

The Station Agent
Garden State
Monsoon Wedding
Amelie
Chocolat
Secretary
Cinema Paradiso
An Affair of Love
Legend of 1900
Il Postino
Rabbit-Proof Fence
The Red Violin
The Lover
Frida
Dogma

3 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

Of the movies on your list I've seen, I've loved all of them. May I also suggest "Etre et Avoir" and "The Color of Paradise," two films I watched on DVD recently that I absolutely adore.

December 27, 2004 9:56 AM  
Blogger Memphis Word Nerd said...

Too funny! I just bought The Station Agent yesterday (never seen it before...hope to have time tomorrow night). You just listed some of my favorite movies (Frida, Monsoon Wedding, Chocolat, Amelie and Rabbit Proof Fence). Have you seen Pollack? It's extremely well done. Based on your list, I think you'd really like it. What about Whale Rider? That was part of my crop last Christmas (along with Rabbit Proof Fence). I also bought Honey for Oshun yesterday; I plan to watch it sometime this week.

December 28, 2004 7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quite the list; can't agree on all, or even most of them (I think I've seen all but two or three).

I'd tack on Pi (http://imdb.com/title/tt0138704) and Sideways (http://imdb.com/title/tt0375063/).

-CT
http://www.populationstatistic.com/

December 30, 2004 9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home