Tuesday, December 07, 2004

What Was I Thinking?

Hello from DC, well, metro DC. I'm visiting a friend in the area and I'm not sure what I was thinking. I rode the bike up here last Wednesday. When it is winter north of the Mason-Dixon line, it's really winter, not a Florida winter, like what I'm used to. I'm not complaining, really. I like winter. I like it chilly. I like to see leafless trees and the homeless camping on sidewalk grates to absorb the heat from the Metro, no wait, scratch that last part. It is indeed chilly here which is actually quite perfect for walking tours of the District and motorcycling, as long as the electric clothing is plugged in!

As always, my visits here are a perfect mix of things I like to do: tour, walk, visit, lounge, explore. This past weekend was just a typical girl-time weekend. I colored Sylvie's hair and she caught her stove on fire. Needless to say, I'm doing all the cooking for the rest of my stay. Sylvie's hair turned out nice... I'm now qualified to call myself a "hair colorist." I became one as soon as I put on the colorist's gloves. Who knew it was so simple? Does removing an ingrown toenail qualify me as a surgeon??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home