Saturday, November 27, 2004

What an Idiot!

I'm not saying that reading a book makes me an idiot but why did I chose to read an author's most recent book first instead of first reading the author's oldest book? Thank goodness her books aren't a series or I'd really be an idiot.

The new-to-me author is now a favorite after reading her "I Love Everybody (and Other Atrocious Lies): True Tales of a Loudmouth Girl". If you haven't read anything by Laurie Notaro and you really dig sarcasm, silly humor and say-it-didn't-really-happen true stories, then you're missing out. It's not often that I read someone who makes me laugh (loudly) out loud but she does. What a fabulous find!

I'm now on track and have started Laurie's first book "The Idiot Girls' Action-Adventure Club" and am enjoying it thoroughly. She's a great storyteller and you feel like you've finally made a friend who has more worse days than you, so she's good to have around for that.

She's also inspirational as she's toughed it out to follow her dreams of becoming a writer. Kudos to you Laurie and thanks for sharing the never-a-dull-moment roadtrip!

...ps... if you read "I Love Everybody" and can't believe that someone blew out their britches the way she did, just ask me, I can vouch that it really is possible. My story has to do with a Christmas tree and a pair of jeans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home