Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Relax, Don't Do It

Where was Frankie when I needed him? I spent one and a half hours beneath the skilled hands of a massage therapist yesterday and was still too tense to receive a proper chiropractic adjustment, one that I've been needing for well over a week. As one who has occasional back troubles, getting a massage and adjustment has become status quo. I was looking most forward to yesterday's massage because I have been retaining my tension in my shoulders and neck and I have developed a reoccurring problem with my sacroilliac joint. I have been a regular o' pack rat of problems lately and hoped a helluva long time in massage would help me get the release I needed--but no. I laid on my tummy enduring deep-tissue pressure that I thought would bruise my organs and ended up crying for a short while. My masseuse and I talked throughout the whole session which was a huge mistake. Don't Do It! We talked about decisions I've got to make, feelings I've got to sort out, issues that I need to resolve and everything else that could basically place the weight of the world on my shoulders. Don't get me wrong, I don't expect a good body job to fix my ailments but I certainly didn't expect it to make it worse. *sigh* I have another appointment in two weeks... I'll ask for silence and music only. Actually, I do really enjoy talking with M. She's a great listener and she did offer some feedback that I found useful.

3 Comments:

Blogger jkirlin said...

Yeah..you never want to get your masseusse talking after you are done haggling over the price.

I always tell them this...

HEY! I can FREAKING talk to MYSELF but I can't rub my own back so GET ON IT and if I wanted it to HURT I would just go pick a fight with the nearest BIKER so EASE UP!

It helps set the mood for the next hour or so. ;)

April 13, 2005 11:32 PM  
Blogger Juli said...

Actually, she used to be a biker so that might explain things.

April 18, 2005 7:06 AM  
Blogger Juli said...

Sharron, good luck on your pursuit into massage therapy. I hope to be a judge of your work some day!

April 19, 2005 8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home