Thursday, June 09, 2005

Road Trip

O public road
I say back
I am not afraid to leave you
Yet I love you
You express me better than I can express myself.
~Walt Whitman

Columbia, South Carolina - June 2005

Saturday found me on a road trip to Columbia for an overnighter. It was there I met bricotrout with the hopes of attending a bluegrass concert. What false advertising that was! What we actually discovered was a hokey quartet dressed in country/western wear belting out old country songs like Waylon Jennings' "Good Hearted Woman". Fortunately, the performance was in a riverside park and FREE, so the setting was nice for walking and relaxing in the shade with a cool breeze a-blowin'.

Prior to the concert, we roamed around an antique shop's lot. It was a photography mecca for Brice but I wasn't feeling quite so inspired. I wonder if the large number of ant bites on my ankle had any impact??! The buggers bit me after I took my first shot, this entrance photo... just where exactly IS the entrance?!?!

4 Comments:

Blogger bricotrout said...

Herman, you can take my word for it. she screamed and squealed like a baby for the rest of the day.
GOAG, waylon rocks!

June 09, 2005 6:54 AM  
Blogger Mary Noreen Bucklew said...

Glad to see you back on the page, woman! And in TOP FORM I might add! Consider the ants the price of admission - and they gave you a good reason to SQUEAL!

June 09, 2005 11:48 PM  
Blogger Juli said...

Good grief? Is there such a thing? Who'd think those little teeniest of tiny ants could have inflicted so much pain?! Herman, is that a real story or just a tale of Adam & The Ants?!? Hey, I was around in the 80s. Either way, I'm with you on that: stupid ants!

For the record, I didn't scream and squeal all day. I merely whined about the heat. ;) Oh how I hate summer.

Thanks for the kudos y'all. Yes, those pics are mine. I'm not one to doctor photos so to do something as simple as make a pic B&W was me stepping over the edge! What a Wild Woman I am!

June 10, 2005 6:42 AM  
Blogger bricotrout said...

just thought id test out to see if you still get email notices when someone leaves a comment.

July 05, 2007 6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home