Thursday, October 13, 2005

It's Time To Put On Makeup...

I abhor shopping, except when it comes to the Post Office. Today I snagged a handful of the new Muppet postage stamps and could hardly contain my joy. Looking at the oh so familiar faces reminded me of the countless hours I spent in front of the tv set as a kid. My mom and I both loved watching the Muppet Show for the guest hosts and the regular characters of the show. My favorites were Beaker and the Swedish Chef. My mom was nuts for Animal. Jim Henson was a creative genius and I'm delighted to see him memorialized in stamps.

3 Comments:

Blogger bricotrout said...

i liked animal "fa na ma na!" do do do do do fa na ma na do do do do!

October 15, 2005 2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Muppets! (and the damn song that Brico now has stuck in my head)

October 20, 2005 8:30 PM  
Blogger Shephard said...

I just had to write when I read that you thought Jim Henson was a genius. I basically said the same thing in my 100 Things. It's nice to know there are people out there who still think that. The stamps are great!! The comments on the back, too.
~S

October 26, 2005 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home