Friday, September 30, 2005

The Value of Travel


I've received many queries lately regarding travel. I didn't realize so many people paid attention to my time on the road, but alas, there are quite a few. It has been quite some time since I've taken a ride, it's true. As of late, my heart has stirred to be home. My attention has been directed towards other interests, interests that keep me put and I'm happy to do so.

Some of my roadtrips over the last few years have been traveled for sheer pleasure, while others were done in competitive nature. All of my rides have ultimately been for me, even those that were timed or riddled with rules and guidelines. The days of documenting rides for others to approve seem to be miles behind me. I say that with a touch of sadness but moreso with a sense of pride in knowing that I accomplished endurance certifications that many have not and even more don't quite understand.

All of my roadtrips have special moments embedded in the tens of thousands of miles I have ridden. Some include tears but more include tummy-cramping laughs and face-hurting smiles. There is no possible way to calculate the number of people I've met along the way or convey the meaning behind their impact on me as a woman, a rider or more importantly, as a person.

So while I have no new travels to share with anyone, I would recommend venturing to
Dave's site to learn of his excursion to China. His photos are wonderful but pale in comparison to the impact of his journey. All journeys, no matter how near or distant, leave an impression within us if we allow them to.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice picture!

:) sir.

October 06, 2005 5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home