Saturday, January 21, 2006

I've Got Some Nerve

I call myself a motorcyclist yet I've not ridden my bike since July 20, 2005. I've got some nerve! (And yes, I know the specific date because that is the annual Ride To Work Day.) For some reason, still unknown to me, I'd lost the desire to ride. With that said, my moniker of GirlOnAGlide should be erased from my being. I tried to redeem my conscience and feed my soul today and went riding. As always, it proved to be wonderful and I was reminded why I love to ride in the first place.

One reason for going out today was to test ride another bike. It is said that variety is the spice of life so with that nugget of wisdom, I rolled into the Kawasaki dealer in St. Augustine to cop a ride on a KLR. What a huge difference from the monstrosity I currently ride! It was fun in a funky kinda way! If the price had been right, we'd have purchased two. Sadly, it wasn't, so the search continues.... As a sidenote, while I was out on the ride I remembered a woman I met a few years ago who'd ridden her KLR around the world. I was in immediate envy of Mariola's adventures, but more importantly, happy for her to live an uncommon life.

The bike that I'm hot to trot for is Suzuki's V-Strom. I'm hoping I don't have to wait until Daytona's Bike Week in March to find a test ride, that seems so far away at this point! Finding a dealership who will offer a demo ride isn't easy so it's a given that my patience will be tested. Funny how a 20 mile ride south fueled my fire to ride again. It's an addiction and I'm a junkie.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got to ride exactly twice last season. It's devastating now that we're in the middle of winter to realize I've got a minimum of two months before I can start in again.

January 21, 2006 9:02 PM  
Blogger bricotrout said...

good to see you interested again. good for you! when do i get a ride? aha ha, i slay me!

January 26, 2006 11:18 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

You better get back on a bike, because you there are those of us who live vicariously through your rides. Those of us who, for reasons of health, can no longer ride. So ride girl....ride!

That Suzuki looks fantastic. Although some of the bigger bikes ride like sitting in an easy chair, the smaller bikes are so great because they feel like an extension of your body. The bike is not controlling the ride, you are.

January 29, 2006 8:19 AM  
Blogger The Dolsons said...

GOAT hahahaha.

I love my new STROM, you need one too ;)

January 29, 2006 9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe we can convince you to get a new bike, without the motor? I've been hooked on cycling for a little less than a year but it's amazing to me how much I enjoy it.

February 23, 2006 6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home