Friday, March 31, 2006

Jeepers Creepers, Look at My Peepers

This was taken when the peepers came home three days ago. Two names have been established: Xena for the B&W one (Black Australorp) and Ella for the black one (Black Sex Link). I explained Xena's name, just look at her! She's quite the girl of size. Ella got her name from her large pipes and sing-songedness. I often mistake her for a song bird. The poor lil yellow one (Buff Orpington) remains nameless. It'll come to me, I know it will.

It's been interesting to learn how little regular folk know about chicks. The people I work with were astounded to learn that not all chicks are yellow, or Easter-egg pink or purple.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw your pic at http://www.blogography.com/archives/2005/06/awarded.html#comments

I think you're pretty :-)

April 02, 2006 1:00 PM  
Blogger Juli said...

Anonymous: Thanks for the anonymous compliment. Too bad I don't know who I'm thanking though. Glad you're a visitor of Blogography... Dave's a lot of fun to read... especially when he's on a good rant about some stupid person.

HT: The chicks will stay indoors for several weeks while they continue to grow and get stronger. They will have a hen house (coop) with a chicken run as well as a chicken tractor. They'll be as "free range" as we can allow.

April 02, 2006 11:38 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

they are so cute...i'm very very jealous, having always wanted chickens -- alas, city bylaws

April 02, 2006 11:52 PM  
Blogger Juli said...

Karen: I'm a lawbreaker, but we'll just keep that a secret between us. If anyone asks about the coop, I'll just tell them we're petsitting.

April 03, 2006 12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home