Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Blah, Blah, Blah

I'm So Dizzy, My Head is Spinning...
Apparently, the vertigo I've been experiencing for the last couple of weeks isn't the brain tumor I self-diagnosed myself with having. An actual professional health practitioner deduced that I have sinusitis because of the fluid in my ears and my "very swollen sinus passages".

I've Got Worms...
Sorry to have been so secretive but I know how jealous some of you were when I announced what I was getting for Valentine's Day. The worms arrived last week in the USPS mail, in a paper bag, in a box marked: LIVE WORMS. I promptly set up the Can-o-Worms as per the instructions and helped the 1,000 new residents move into their condo in the kitchen. Worm pros guestimate that I could have 15,000 wigglers within two to three years time. If you're nice to me, I might be willing to share.

I'm Girl Crazy...
I've recently started watching the Gilmore Girls on DVD and I'm crazy for the show! There's much to love: the incredibly witty dialog, the kooky and quaint setting of Stars Hollow and one word, Luke. I finished watching season one last night and can't wait to move on to season two! Since I don't have a tv, I must say, there's no better way of watching a television show than on our 20" iMac. (yeah, I kept that a secret from you, too... we bought the iMac in January because we've decided to wean ourselves from the wicked and worthless world of Microsoft).

Other DVD Viewings...
If you haven't seen the documentary, The Corporation, I'd like to recommend that you do. I have some ramblings on the subject matter but I won't hop up on my soapbox just yet. I found it as thought-provoking as Super Size Me and What the Bleep.

Until recently, I'd never seen a Kate Hepburn/Spencer Tracy film. I quite fancied Desk Set and intend to watch more movies starring these two. They really worked on those sets back then... just watch that movie and take notice of how the film isn't edited into a gazillion segments. The actors are in front of one camera for many minutes at a time. They cover pages and pages of script without the corrective hand of an editor to snip segments together. Those were the days.

There's comedy, romance and current affairs wrapped around The Girl in the Cafe. It's a reminder that we all have a voice and what the heck, talk to a stranger in a cafe... you just might learn a few facts about Iceland.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good news on your non-brain tumor. I self-diagnose those every time I get dizzy, too! And even better news on the iMac. I'm a Mac evangelist.

March 09, 2006 8:18 PM  
Blogger Mary Noreen Bucklew said...

Sorry to hear about the vertigo but glad is isn't a brain tumor as suspected... can't afford to lose you outta my life just yet!

March 11, 2006 12:39 PM  
Blogger Lydia said...

Here you are a link with your postcard, if you want to see it ;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/desayuno_sin_diamantes/111907644/

Kisses

March 13, 2006 7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home