Sunday, April 30, 2006

Spring's Sweet Scent

I haven't hung clothes on the line since I was a kid. At that time, it was mostly done out of necessity: either mom didn't have the money to pay the electricity or the dryer was broke. I guess my situation today is somewhat similar considering it was a bit of necessity that led to line drying. It wasn't because the bills weren't paid, they are. It's the dryer. The relay switch required to crank up some heat is kaput and the part is on order, soon to be delivered. But I'm ok with it all, in fact, the timing is coincidental. It was just last week that I was telling a friend of mine that I'd like to start line drying. I wanted to because I like to save electricity and because there's just no better way to bring in the sweetness of spring, unless you're cutting fresh flowers and mine aren't ready yet.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wildside Musing said...

Hey there! Such a great photo and post...

Thank you for your comment at my blog today. I replied to you there (the "lonely", is this IT, post), but unsure that you'd see it, so came here too...

May 01, 2006 5:42 PM  
Blogger Wildside Musing said...

I hope you don't mind, but this morning I added a link to my sidebar so that I can come back and read more later!

May 02, 2006 9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! I followed a link from Wildside's blog and have enjoyed reading your interesting blog this morning... especially about your chickens.
(We call them 'chooks' down under). We currently have 25. That's about 17 too many right now, but I'm enjoying watching the activities and interactions of the feathered 'gang'.
Hope to pop in here from time to time...

May 02, 2006 5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home