Monday, September 15, 2003

Read and Release

I'm a geek for books. I love to see them on shelves, to see people reading, to thumb through their pages and to actually read their pages. I'm a member of bookcrossing.com and have been reading and releasing books in the name of literature karma for over a year. While visiting with my mother-in-law last night, the topic of books came up. She said she had several boxes of books sitting in the back of her car and she wasn't sure what to do with them. I excitedly spoke up to volunteer taking them off of her hands in order to release them into the wild. She was puzzled as most are when I tell them about the premise behind bookcrossing but she finally got it and gladly handed over her well-read paperbacks to me for their future releases. Tonight I spent who knows how much time registering and labeling 95 books on the website. These are books that I'd never read so it'll be easy to release them... with the exception of one book by Elizabeth Berg. Luckily I've already read "Talk Before Sleep" and feel as though I can set this book free for someone else to find and enjoy as I did.

Tomorrow I'll begin releasing the newest registered books from my cyber bookshelf.

In case you're wondering, I'm currently reading Jack Kerouac's "On the Road" and Nik Colyer's "Channeling Biker Bob II."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home