Monday, September 08, 2003

Correspondence

Lately, I've had a lot of nothingness to communicate and so I've taken pen to paper and have spent time with correspondence. There's one friend in particular who's been receiving my rantings and ramblings, the poor thing. Still, it's been good for me to get these thoughts out of my head and it's nice to not have immediate feedback where some of it in concerned. I write to just spill my mind... not to provoke conversation, opinion, judgment, observation or laughter or even an AhhhHaaa. Sometimes friends don't know when to keep their mouths shut and I say that as one who has not kept her mouth shut at times when she should have. Most people, friends, who know me, have come to expect me to not filter well... but that still doesn't mean it is welcome.

A month or two ago I had a convo with a friend about the random thoughts that cloud our minds... that fill space and force us to give more thought to them. He said this is called "monkey mind." (I do not know the people on that link... but I like their photography.) For more info on this theory, check out the following websites:
Venerable Thubten Chodron's Home Page
Transpersonal LifeStreams
I tried describing my thought process to this friend because on this particular day, I was wearing myself out due to so many random thoughts. It was good to have someone to talk to about it and in doing so, my mind slowed some, and I needed that. For the last couple of weeks, my mind has been running rampant. I know that part of the reason is because I'm processing a lot in my memory due to the conclusion of the Iron Butt Rally. There is more to my life than that, however, and my mind is having a difficult time operating with so much clogging the cogs. Writing will help. It will ease the workload as I release information. My correspondence as of late is starting to ease the pressure and I thank my reader for their attention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home