Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Howdy Partner!

While playing euchre on Yahoo last night, I decided to take a look at the profile of my partner. I seldom do that, it just doesn't matter to me who I'm playing with, I just enjoy the game. Something suggested I take a peek last night and I'm glad I did because it opened dialogue about my partner. His profile stated he was 21 and in Iraq. The conversation went a little something like this while we continued to kick the butts of our competitors:

Me: Are you an American?
Him: Yes. Why? Do I play like a Canadian?
Me: *thinking--I like his wit* No. I saw you are in Iraq. Are you military?
Him: *thinking--she's a bright one* Yes.

Come to find out, Adam is from Michigan and has been in the Army for 2 years and has another 3 to serve. He asked about my motorcycle and told me he was too scared to try to ride one. I asked him what his job was and he said he is a scout. Clearly, the young man defines being scared differently than I do. He said he'd rather dodge bullets than run the risk of having everything crushed.

He'll be leaving Iraq "soon" he said and will be going to Ft. Hood. I hope that's exactly what happens.

1 Comments:

Blogger Memphis Word Nerd said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for him. I'm glad that he's coming home.

My best friend's husband just got severely wounded yesterday (roadside explosion) and they don't know if he'll make it. If he does, he may lose his leg. Right now he's not stable enough to medivac out to a better hospital so he's kind of stuck there. It's been a rough couple of days.

January 12, 2005 2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home