Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Sweet Smell of Romance

The package arrived with specific handling instructions: Do not remove the paper covering the bottle's label. Twist off the cap, close your eyes and slowly inhale the scent through your nose... can you guess the scent?

With caution, I moved the brown bottle beneath my nose but continued to breath through my mouth, fearing what I would smell. I was nervous. Was this a set up? Was I going to take in a nosefull of nasty? Surely not. I trusted the sender therefore I did as I was directed. I closed my mouth and tentatively took in the spicy scent and felt a warmth wash over me. Yes, I could guess the scent, a favorite odor of mine and it was unmistakably recognizeable. It was earthy, like the woods. It was the essence of a season, of autumn. I could hear the crunching of fallen leaves under foot with every breath I inhaled. My heart and face smiled with every whiff.

Who would ever think that deer spray would be something someone would EVER consider romantic?
*raises hand slowly in the air*

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*raises hand in the air*
I could smell it again just by reading your blog

January 05, 2005 12:37 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

Sometimes I'm thankful I can't smell through the television or the computer. This very well may be one of those times.

January 05, 2005 5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home