Wednesday, February 23, 2005

In Lieu of Words

I really do have words to type but my time has otherwise been taken over the last week. Let me take a moment to share some scans...

This photo was taken by my friend Tania using her 28-year-old Canon AE-1 SLR. It reminds me that I have an AE-1 tucked away in a closet somewhere. I can't remember the last time I shot film... her photo is an inspiration to try my hand at it again.

Riomaggiore on the Adriatic coast of Italy, 2004

This was my first attempt at using watercolor pencils.

Hibiscus, 11February05

Michael asked me to paint a watercolor for him. I used a photo from my ride along the historic road and his love of Route 66 as my inspiration.

Route 66, February 2005

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice.
But where is the windshield and bug mark?

((I'll never tell))

February 23, 2005 11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watercolor pencils are fun. I prefer to draw the entire picture first, then brush some water on and blend.

http://pimme.blog-city.com

February 23, 2005 3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

another talent. Very nice J, I particularly like the Route 66 one.

February 23, 2005 10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home