Saturday, February 19, 2005

Wishin' and Hopin' and Thinkin'...

... and planning.
A few weeks ago, I thought my planning would be leading me to Washington state for a scouting trip. On a whim and with "The Love Letter" as inspiration, I started researching bookstores for sale. Surprisingly, I found a well-established independent on the market in northwestern Washington which is an area I wouldn't rule out as a place to call home. With the assistance of two friends (who are up to their eyeballs in the business world), research and consideration was given to the potential this shop possessed. A lot of questions were asked and many facts and statistics were reviewed but the ultimate decision came down to what my heart and gut said and it was "no". It was a difficult decision to make and was one I took very seriously. This very well may have been the proverbial pearl I've been hoping to find. I saw it as a chance to finally be my own boss; to use my skills, knowledge and natural talents to earn a living and live my life as I've wished and hoped and thought about. But for now the planning will have to continue as this just wasn't the opulent oyster I've really been looking for.
It's a big sea out there...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, it's been 2 whole days the world is waiting for more.

:)

(I'll never tell)

February 21, 2005 5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home