Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Sense of Accomplishment

Sometimes it is the simple things (or WAS this so simple??) that make one feel like they've accomplished something in a day. Tonight I managed to strip an orange of its peel all in one piece.
Sadly, the orange didn't taste so great. Dana has a theory as to why we eat junk food and my less-than-juicy-and-delicious orange defends that theory. She believes we consume junk food, i.e. chips, candy bars, ice cream, fast-food, because there's a consistent, guaranteed flavor to be tasted. That food item we enjoy is something we've grown accustomed to, we trust that item to be as good as it was the last time we ate it. "Fresh" fruits fail us. I should have had the Orville Redenbacher's Kettle Korn I was craving.

1 Comments:

Blogger Juli said...

Well, the flavor thing is the same as quality and in the case of my orange, it was a real let-down, except for the uni-peel. :)

April 20, 2005 7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home