Sunday, September 04, 2005

What Goes Around Comes Around

This must be a payback for all the chain emails I sent out in my early online days. The tagging ends here so any of you who read this are safe, you won't be tasked with this mundane assignment. You can thank me via PayPal.

1. Name as it appears on birth certificate: It's my father's name in reverse. Yes, I have a man's name, thanks folks, I appreciate that. I wouldn't tell anyone my full name until I was 12. The ridicule was just too much.
2. Nicknames: JuJu, JuRew, JuliRew, Jules, GOAG, girl, but more commonly, Goddessofallthatisgoodintheworld.
3. Place of Birth: Ft. McPherson, Atlanta, Jawja -- a peach, I am, as well as the daughter of a career Army man.
4. Favorite food: Most things that were previously walking, swimming, or living in the dirt.
5. Ever been to Africa? Yes, I've been there with Bogart & Hepburn, Bogart & Bergman, Isak Dinesen (or Redford & Streep for those of you who don't read) and Dr. Tracy & Clarence the Cross-Eyed Lion (Daktari for my younger readers.)
6. Love someone so much it hurts? Sure, but a little medicated cream took care of that in no time.
7. Been in a car accident? Studebaker, no seat belt, scar on my forehead as a souvenir. (Studebaker is a car, for my younger readers.)
8. Croutons or bacon bits? Real bacon, mandarin oranges, black olives and almond slivers.
9. Favorite day of the week? Any day riding my motorbike somewhere I've never been before.
10. Favorite restaurant? A clean mom n' pop joint in some small town where people smile and are courteous AND/OR any restaurant that includes meal-sharing and conversation with a friend.
11. Favorite sport to watch? The TT, WRC, the Tour and iced hockey with lemon.
12. Favorite drink for summer? Southern iced tea, no lemon.
13. Favorite ice cream: I've yet to meet an ice cream I didn't like, well, except for that one in Bar Harbor. My current favorite is B&J's Vanilla Heath Bar Crunch.
14. Disney or Warner Bros? What does this mean? One partner or two?
15. Favorite fast food? Raw almonds or gourmet malted milk balls while riding at 80mph.
16. What color is your bedroom carpet? There is no carpet.
17. How many times did you fail your driver's test? No offense to those idiots who can answer any number other than zero here... but c'mon!!!
18. Before this one, from whom did you get your last e-mail? First of all, this wasn't sent to me as an email. Oh no.. this guy made it publicly known that he was going to place this burden upon me. Like I've got time for this... I've got an Entourage DVD to watch!!
19. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Why limit it to only one credit card? C'mon, this is America!
20. What do you do most often when you are bored? I'm never bored.
21. What time is bedtime? There's never a bad time.
22. Favorite TV shows: I seldom watch tv unless there's a DVD viewing. IF I tune in, you'll catch me watching: my aforementioned sports faves, "The Secret Life of...", "Clean Sweep", reruns of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show", or "Mythbusters".
If we're talking DVD, then I'll be glued to: The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Entourage and Deadwood.
23. Last person/s you went to dinner with: Yann Martel. I took The Life of Pi to Firehouse Subs yesterday.
24. Ford or Chevy? YEEEHAW! Found in my garage: Jeep, VW, Harley-Davidson and Honda. Oh, and I farkin' hate NASCAR.
25. What are you listening to right now? Will Smith and Martin Lawrence over using the word "fuck" in Bad Boys II.
26. What is your favorite color? Green. It's always been green.
27. Lake, ocean or river? Yes.
28. How many tattoos do you have? Three.
29. Have you ever run out of gas? Literally, no. Figuratively, yes, more times than I can count.

5 Comments:

Blogger bricotrout said...

so you go kicking and screaming and protesting but now that its over it was fast and not too painful right (kinda like columbia?) lol ;)

September 04, 2005 1:26 PM  
Blogger Juli said...

Fast?? It took me nearly TWO flippin' hours to write that. Two hours lost... thanks again. ;)

September 04, 2005 8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uhhh... you still aren't publicly telling anybody your name, and I think you must be older than twelve if you ride a motorcycle! The good news is that I will be tagging "Girl on a Glide" in my blogroll with "JuJu's Blog!"

Oh... and can I get the name of that medicated cream?

September 05, 2005 8:03 PM  
Blogger Juli said...

Dave: While under the age of 12, I did ride a motorcycle... right into my dad's truck that was parked in the driveway. I'm a much better rider now that I'm older than 12. I DO tell people my real name now... but you have to know the secret squirrel knock to enter the tree house.

HT: Your check is in the mail.

September 08, 2005 9:07 AM  
Blogger jkirlin said...

You father's name was Edilganolrig? Did they just call him Ed for short?

September 11, 2005 8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home