Saturday, April 08, 2006

Circus of the Sun

When I saw my first live performance of a Cirque du Soleil show, I'd never heard of it. I had absolutely no idea what to expect, I couldn't begin to imagine what I was in store for. Thanks to Sylvie, I was treated to a magical, mind-blowing performance of Quidam, which to this day remains my favorite show. For several weeks, Leah has been telling me how she was looking forward to seeing a Cirque show in Raleigh. Since Jacksonville isn't considered a hot-spot for live entertainment, the thought of that show coming here never crossed my mind. It wasn't until I saw the full page ad in the Folio that I learned it was coming. And so, I was treated, once again, to the wonder and whimsy of a Cirque show. Last night I saw Delirium.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

An ex-girlfriend once freaked out at the idea of flying to Vegas and seeing "O" which is supposedly some kind of Cirque show. My response was something like "I would sooner fly to Vegas, gouge my eyes out with a spoon, and then pour turpentine in the sockets".

Yeah. We broke up a month later. :-)

I'm just not a circus fan... probably because I hate clowns. Clowns are scary and evil and must be destroyed!!

April 08, 2006 1:58 PM  
Blogger bricotrout said...

hi stranger!
i took aspen to one of those things a year ago. when the guy was balanced ontop of ten chairs 2 rolling pins a ball and 3 planks, i was SURE that aspen was going to be forever traumatized when the guy would inevitably fall to his death. i mean, i cant even balance on one foot most of the time.

April 08, 2006 10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did I miss the show in Raleigh? That was probably my best shot of seeing it.

April 09, 2006 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home