Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Void of Verve

I got a letter yesterday from a stranger. Well, I say a stranger because we haven't met so am I to assume that it is a potential friend? I know not. Her letter was brief but busting with verve. What the hell is verve anyway? Ahh... spirit, dash. Thanks Webster. Here's a snippet of what she had to say...

~ It thrills me to no end to see a handsome man with an equally impressive volume of something I like. It's as if he's whispering to me, "Yes, I am of the same mind. Let us dance."

She was commenting on her love of reading and bookstores. She went on to say...

~ A friend recently commented that even in his nearest immediacy I only saw him as words. It was a strange comment and I hope to prove him wrong. He'd be a great dance partner. A waltz. Yes, a waltz. He and I have tried the tango. It was laughable. (But of course, I'm hardly talking about actual dancing--merely alluding to the unspeakable.

I found her writing to be SO very poetic and I feel inadequate in responding with even a postcard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home