Sunday, January 16, 2005

B is for Breakup

A friend went through a breakup last night. Her ex-beau posted his side of the experience on his blog and in reading his post, it made me think of the men I know and how they rate on the romance scale. It's true that women say they're easy to please, that they're simple to make happy but some men seem to have a hard time with the whole romance/make-her-happy thing. I do believe it is true that women crave romance.. it's how we're wired. Even the most tomboyish of us likes to have a special moment planned with them in mind. We try to make it easy... we tell men what we like, they can hear it when we react to movies or something on tv, the oohing and ahhing is a dead giveaway. But yet so many men fail to provide that romance that we want.

Men say they're easy to please, too. Their needs are more on a physical level and believe it or not, most women are eager to be the vixen their man wants but without romance that part of them it is shut off. I don't know that the two are hard-wired: the lack of romance and ability to be a vixen, but I think in some way, they are related. It's give and take, the bottom line is do for me and I'll do for you.

I don't think it's all that cut and dry nor do I think every human fits into a box of generalities based on their gender. But I hear the frustrations from both sides and fortunately, I know men who do listen to their partners and they follow through in thought and action to give the woman in their life the romance she wants. In kind to the men I know, they too want to have special moments planned for them even though they may not be forthright with the request. As people, we all like to know we're thought of in a very special way and we take pleasure in being the one in the spotlight. It's a proud moment when we tell our friends that this special something was done for us, that someone cared enough to feed our desires and warm our hearts with an act of kindness. Those moments don't bias towards gender and romance isn't for women only.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cecilia said...

There will always be gender differences, but, as you said, in the bigger picture we are all humans with the same wants and needs. I guess it is up to what extent one can be happy with one is getting or giving.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for leaving that lovely comment.

PS You don't look anything like Marcie!

January 19, 2005 3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home