Thursday, January 13, 2005

Random Thoughts

  • I know why we buy cookies and ice cream and candy bars and the like. Because I'm trying to bake a cookie recipe that calls for 5/8 c. of flour. I don't have a 5/8 measuring cup. I'm not saying that I didn't pass algebra, but I don't want to use it in my adult life. (side note, 5/8 cup is 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
  • It is possible for comments made about you to influence your dreams. Someone recently suggested that I was a Soccer Mom kinda girl. That's so wrong and I should sue him for pain and suffering. At any rate, that night I had a dream about my washing machine oversudsing. Oh the hot and exciting dreams of suburbia.
  • Laughing at the dentist's office isn't something that happens to most... unless they're under the gas, I suppose. I wasn't under the influence but I did get a couple of good laughs when my hygienist made a couple of responses that didn't win her any points with me. You see, I have a habit of internalizing my stress and therefore take out that tension on my teeth. Grinding your teeth can cause damage in several ways, one being the risk of cracking a tooth. I am aware of this problem of mine as is my hygienist. When I told her I was starting to feel a little pain in the upper right, I quickly informed her that YES, I'm wearing my bite guard at night. It's a sexy apparatus, believe me. She was happy to hear that I was taking the precautionary measure and took a look to see if there was in fact a cracked tooth causing the pain. After she took a gander, I asked, "Sooo, any cracked teeth?" Her inappropriate response was, with a gasp, "Ohhh gosh!" Not what I wanted to hear. Not at all. I'll start wearing my bite guard during the day as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home