Sunday, March 20, 2005

More Manatees

I am done with my sea cow search. In fact, I ended the hunt several weeks ago and am just now getting around to posting their pictures. It's an ok filler until I feel up to writing. I'm getting close... I feel more human today than I have all week so expect my daily posts to return very soon.

The map provided on the website was helpful but it didn't list all the manatees. For example, the Friendship Fountain location lists two sea cows. I took pictures of three. Even though math has never been my strong subject, I can handle counting in the single digits. Besides, I have photographic proof. I'll admit to not taking notes while out on my hunt so I may have some of the names messed up due to my reliance on the map for information. That explains why I don't know the name of this manatee. I call it the ball-less cow since someone stole one of its antenna bulb things. This photo provides a nice view of the St. Johns River's northbank in downtown Jacksonville.

"Jane Doe Sea Cow", February 2005.

This photo is proof positive that I was at Friendship Fountain. What a gorgeous winter day in northeast Florida!

Mana Lisa, February 2005.

Winn-Dixie, the soon to be out-of-business grocery chain, sponsored this sea cow and what a silly name they gave it. Is the mama manatee offering the baby as a selection?

Sea-lection, February 2005.

Not only did I find the name of this manatee dull, so was the artwork. As someone who plays with art, I shouldn't criticize, I know, I know, shame on me. It just pales in comparison to so many of the others.

The Ocean's Secret Lagoon, February 2005.

This manatee was located near the San Marco Bookstore and a fire station. Thanks to Michael for giving me the assignment of visiting the bookstore. I enjoyed my first visit there after lunching at the Pizza Palace.

Marco, February 2005.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home