Thursday, May 05, 2005

It's Been a Week Since My Last....

Yeah, I've been a bit lazy on the blogging thing. It's been a week since my last post and life has been rather uneventful. Still, it is life, MY life and I find enjoyment in my days, even in the quiet moments of solitude. In a nutshell, here are a few of the pieces and parts that captured my attention:
  • My friend M went out on a blind date, a breakfast date, which I thought was very novel. I'm keen to things that are a little out of the norm. Dinner and a movie, as much as I enjoy them, are a bit monotonous. Her date lastest from 9am until 4pm, that's quite a breakfast! She is in a bit of a quandry over this fella because she's not physically attracted to him. She is heartbroken over it because everything else fell perfectly into place. On one hand, we, and I'll include all of us in this big o' pot, know we shouldn't judge on appearances. But as in all of nature, we pair with those who please us visually, so we can't fight the animal within us. One of her concerns is body hair. Some women find that dee-lish on a hunkahunkaburnin'love, but M is not one. Can't say that I blame her there. Another concern is discolored teeth. There are easy-to-use and affordable methods to remedy such a condition. People, look in the mirror. It's not a matter of vanity... or is it?
  • I had a wonderful conversation with my father and got the skinny on the latest happenings of Ward. I've written of Ward before, the town that I say has a population of 20, 15 are my people. That's not too far from the truth. It's not a town I'd particularly want to call home due to its still thriving prejudiced roots in the Old South, but I have a love for it and its people, my people, all the same. The biggest news to hit Ward in a long time is one of my aunts left an uncle, age 81. Good job on that, if you ask me. How they've stayed together is beyond anyone's comprehension. Knowing that she left with only a note of an "I'm leaving" made it entertaining. He had to call the FBI to find out where she was since no one in her family would fess up any knowledge of her whereabouts. That's HUGE excitement for this sleepy little town, believe you me. The hardest part for my tight-ass uncle is the IRS refund he can't cash since my aunt isn't there to sign it. He's probably one of the most wealthy men in the county and not being able to cash that check is like burning in hell to him. Good riddance you prejudiced, sexist pig... and good luck to my aunt.
  • From time to time, I take an inventory of the people in my life. I think it is important for us to review relationships that may or may not be healthy for us. We should want to include people who promote growth within us. People who inspire, encourage, love and care for us. Also, people we can inspire, encourage, love and care for to a degree that it doesn't completely drain our essence. Some people do have the ability to suck the life out of us without providing any nourishment in return. It's not easy to let go of people we care for, it's a difficult battle feeling like you're giving up on someone. But there comes a time when we must say, "enough is enough" and move ahead. I've thoroughly come to terms with one such relationship. I've flushed it from my system and feel purified in doing so.

  • What day couldn't be good when you give blood? I am trying to stay on the 8-week donation cycle and I tell ya, it does a mind and body good to know you're doing something that could actually help save a life. I absolutely love the donation center I go to... the folks working there are the perfect people to be there, they make the whole experience a real delight. The treats afterwards are just an added bonus.
  • A master gardener, I'm not, but I do enjoy flowers. Their colorful appearance and aroma delight my senses. I was most delighted to see the Scottish Blue Rose bloom this week. This poor bush (if one can even call it that) has been so neglected yet it produces aromatic blooms year after year. It was on my property when I bought this house in 1994, so it's really got a will to live. It inspired me this week and I, in turn, need to treat it with some nutrients as a thank you.

  • If I do nothing else over the weekend ahead, I must pot these container plants! I've had them for over two weeks and although I've nurtured them with the correct amount of sunlight and plenty of H2o, they are in need of larger pots. They're doing so very well and are so very patient as they await their new homes. This weekend, I PROMISE, this weekend you'll have new homes at the front steps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home