Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Best Laid Plans

I have a nasty habit of getting big ideas about going someplace and then I'll back out. Does that mean I'm not reliable? No, I don't think so. In most, nearly all, cases the plans only include myself so no one else is affected. The thing that bothers me about me when this happens is that I open my big mouth and tell other people that (___ this___) *fill in the blank* is what I'm gonna do. This really has no impact on anyone, I know, but it still bothers me. Bygones. It's inconsequencial and therefore matters not.

With that said, I didn't ride to the Blue Ridge as mentioned several days ago. There were a couple of factors that led to my change-of-mind with the biggie being the weather. I'm not a wuss, so take that back! The deal is, I love to camp and camping in the rain isn't such a big deal -- except when I'm on the bike. I have motorcycle camped many times and several times in the rain but it was not to my liking. I figured I had a choice this time and I decided against it. I am sorry to have missed Wine Down the Music Trail but I have this guy's pictures to make me feel like I got to enjoy a road trip.

As to not break my normal behavior, I'll now share my idea for another road trip. The Floyd Fest in Floyd, VA. I discovered Floyd a couple years ago while bike camping at the Willville Motorcycle Camp. I camped there a couple times within a summer and found the area to be absolutely wonderful.
Willville Bike Camp, Meadows of Dan, VA
Campsite at Willville
Two Steps, The Dog of Willville
One of my favorite attractions was the music played out in the streets on Friday night in Floyd.
Friday night at the Floyd Country Store, Floyd, VA
Banjo pickin' on the streets of Floyd, VA
Corner concert, Floyd, VA

1 Comments:

Blogger Adventuring through Florida's WILD life! said...

I used to think being tough enough to endure a rainy campout was cool. I no longer think that. I camp to have fun, otherwise, I'll get a room.

Great lookin' grounds, I especially like the shots of the musicians. Bet it was fun.

July 07, 2005 4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home