Sunday, June 26, 2005

Bound for the Blue Ridge

It's been over a year *gasp* since I've ridden in the Blue Ridge Mtns. Riding on the Parkway is always a ride I enjoy, no matter what part I ride, in what state or how many times. I love it. I couldn't help but notice I've got six days ahead without anything scheduled so that got a couple brain cells a-burnin' and I decided to head north to the mountains.

View from Mt. Mitchell, NC - Highest peak east of the Mississippi
Rarely do I head anywhere on a planned trip without some idea of something to do or someplace to see. This trip, which starts on Friday, is no different. Weather permitting, it'll be a day of wine and music in the mountains at the Wine Down the Music Trail.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Blue Ridge. I've stood atop Mt. Mitchell, too. Great view from on high. Have fun, glide-girl.

June 27, 2005 9:23 AM  
Blogger bricotrout said...

NO WAY! im going to that same festival! i am so looking forward to it. one of my favorite bands will be there. maybe we'll run into eachother.

June 27, 2005 6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home