Sunday, June 26, 2005

Bound for the Blue Ridge

It's been over a year *gasp* since I've ridden in the Blue Ridge Mtns. Riding on the Parkway is always a ride I enjoy, no matter what part I ride, in what state or how many times. I love it. I couldn't help but notice I've got six days ahead without anything scheduled so that got a couple brain cells a-burnin' and I decided to head north to the mountains.

View from Mt. Mitchell, NC - Highest peak east of the Mississippi
Rarely do I head anywhere on a planned trip without some idea of something to do or someplace to see. This trip, which starts on Friday, is no different. Weather permitting, it'll be a day of wine and music in the mountains at the Wine Down the Music Trail.

4 Comments:

Anonymous G N Bassett said...

I love the Blue Ridge. I've stood atop Mt. Mitchell, too. Great view from on high. Have fun, glide-girl.

June 27, 2005 9:23 AM  
Blogger bricotrout said...

NO WAY! im going to that same festival! i am so looking forward to it. one of my favorite bands will be there. maybe we'll run into eachother.

June 27, 2005 6:27 PM  
Blogger HermanTurnip said...

The girlfriend is jealous. She's currently poking me in the ribs and telling me we should attend this shindig. Blue Ridge looks to be the perfect background for a wine festival...

June 30, 2005 12:16 AM  
Blogger Michael B said...

Glad to see that Thor is getting the road workout he deserves. I'm envious for sure. Can't believe I missed the BRPW when I was down that way on my bike in '03. It's on my list for the '06 Nationwide Retirement Tour for sure. Care to show me around?

July 01, 2005 1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home