Sunday, July 10, 2005

Lilies in the Field

I love lilies. I love tiger lilies, to be exact. They hold a special sentimental spot in my heart because they were so abundant in the backyard of my childhood home. It seemed as though hundreds of thousands of blooms came to life every summer along the fence row. Their striking orange petals were so vibrant they could almost burn your eyes on a day of full sunshine. They had a strength about them with their tall stalks and fresh green leaves. They were bold with color, they appeared to be royalty due to their adornment.

I loved those lilies so much that I had a pair tattooed onto my upper left arm. That tattoo serves as a pleasant reminder of playful days in the sun from my youth.

When given the opportunity, I will stop to admire lilies in bloom. These particular barn-side blooms were located in West Virginia.

Near Harman, WV

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmm. One of my very favorites.

July 11, 2005 9:28 PM  
Blogger bricotrout said...

these things seem to be everywhere! that bring out the photographer in all of us.

July 12, 2005 7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home