Thursday, October 12, 2006

Hugs=Good


Cathy Z. posted this You Tuber and I was near tears by the time the video ended. It came at a good time as I try to learn how to hug, step back and let people, well, my niece, live her life as she wishes. I hugged her when I left IN in August fearing for her and her newborn daughter. Without sounding too judgmental, suffice it to say that her decision-making is completely based on a fight or flight basis. Sadly, her well-being and the well-being of her child are at risk. The maternal instincts I try to suffocate have reared their head and my heart is bruised.

The reminder of a wonderfully warm hug helps make things feel just a bit better.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome....why would you need to get security to break that up? stupid I tell ya...

October 12, 2006 8:25 PM  
Blogger The Dolsons said...

neet video J, thanks.

HUGZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

byira

October 12, 2006 11:33 PM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

That does make you tear-up. I need to stop being so cynical. There are more good people in the world than I think.

October 13, 2006 5:05 PM  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

Wow by reading your profile you sound like you live a pretty neat life or interesting at one time being with community of motercyles.
I'm doing my thirteen thursday on blog hopping and it will be posted on the 19th

October 17, 2006 6:33 PM  
Blogger Bonnie Rae said...

Thanks for sharing that video. I cry every time I see it ! Triple love it ! I just reposted it on my own blog. Thanks, Juli

October 20, 2006 9:50 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Oh wow! How fantatsic! I just watched this first thing in the morning. My day will be better for it.

October 25, 2006 10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home