Thursday, January 20, 2005

Faking It

As some know, I'm on the job hunt. I have been sending my resume all over the countryside like a fishmonger flingin' perch at the Pike Place Market. Today I had a job offer find its way to my Inbox and I'm wondering, if I took the job, would I have to fake it?

The position is for a driver during the week of Super Bowl, February 1 through 7. The drivers will have a vehicle provided and they're responsible for chauffering VIPs around town to different events. Even though that could prove to be an interesting endeavor, I'm going to pass on the play. I'm not much of a football fan and I'm opposed to faking as though I am.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoo Hoo! You think you'll get a celebrity? or just Execs?

Have fun with it!

:: Mona ::

ps the superbowl is in Jacksonville this year? I'm not into football either.

January 21, 2005 3:43 AM  
Blogger ...just-rambling... said...

...but it would be a very interesting addition to your resume.

January 21, 2005 7:00 PM  
Blogger The Dolsons said...

sheeeesh, how could you turn down a gig like that? A week of not wondering what to do, and the certainty of meeting several new people, some possibly important or famous (as if that really matters). Chatting, learning, sharing, exploring. Some of these people may even have a job to offer, isn't networking important?

AND

as a bonus you'll get paid.

I say do it. If it were me I would :)

January 22, 2005 11:29 AM  
Blogger Mattithyahu said...

Pike Place Market rocks! Nothing like seeing those guys throw fish!

Cheers
Matt
My Blog

January 23, 2005 3:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home