Monday, March 21, 2005

The Non-Deserted Desert

It has become apparent to me in the past year or two that I have a love of the desert. I have ridden my motorcycle through deserts at night in an eerie silence and during the hottest heat of the day when all creatures seek solace of shade. Prior to my recent hike in the Anza-Borrego Desert State Park, my only knowledge of the desert came from childhood years of watching the Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.

For weeks (months?) before my trip to southern California, Michael had been telling me about the
blooms that attract spectators to the desert. Waiting for the blooms is like playing the lottery. Will there be blooms? If so, when? As my luck would have it and with the thanks of the recent rains in the area, the blooms did appear for all to see. The desert was far from being deserted. There were hikers, walkers, photographers and blooms, blooms, blooms. What a wonderful view to witness.

The most magical view for me was the creek that flows near the Palm Canyon Oasis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home