Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Postmark: Antarctica

A few months ago, I received an email from a Canadian named Jason Shim. Apparently, I'd mailed him a postcard through PostCardX a long time ago. He remembered receiving that postcard and offered to send one to me from the bottom of the Earth. He was pursuing a dream of his by visiting Antarctica and was kind enough to include me on his mailing list. His postcard arrived last week, a first for me! Never have I received mail from that continent! How exciting! *mail nerd, yes, I know*

The timing of the postcard was uncanny considering I'd just watched March of the Penguins. Jason has a photo of a penguin protecting its egg which relates directly to the film. I strongly recommend viewing that photo and his many others here. They're absolutely fantastic! I'm sure his experience was even more fantastic. Congrats to Jason for holding on to a dream and making it happen!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what would have me more excited... the fact that I got mail from Antarctica... or that it came with such a cool stamp! :-)

February 07, 2006 7:33 PM  
Blogger Juli said...

I agree Dave! I LOVE that stamp!

February 07, 2006 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home