Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The State of FL vs.....

... a DUI chick.

Yup, I've been picked. Jury Duty.

I spent the entire day at the courthouse yesterday, waiting, and waiting, watching my tax dollars get pissed down the river. Not only did the snack bar lunch wreck my insides, my brain was swollen and my last nerve frayed after listening to a state attorney and a local TV-trial attorney question potential jurors for a case they'll be representing. Lucky me, I was selected. I couldn't believe it, nor could some of my fellow jurors after they heard my retorts. But I must have charmed the legal eagles because I'll have my happy ass at the courthouse again on Friday.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must. Resist. The urge. To laugh. At misfortune. Of others...

BWAHHH HA HA HAAAAAHHH!

Sorry. I just couldn't help that. I loathe jury duty. :-(

February 28, 2006 11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must not have waved your noose visibly enough. Lucky you. DUI's a hanging offense, isn't it?

March 01, 2006 11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't envy you. I would do almost anything to avoid jury duty! I got lucky last time...when I got called up I was 8 3/4 months pregnant and the person on trial was our midwife....

March 04, 2006 12:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! I found your blog via postard x. Did you get the magnet I sent you? Hope all is well in Fla. gina lougael

March 05, 2006 3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home