Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Yearning for Yarn

This whole knitting thing has taken crafters and crafter-wannabes by storm! There's probably one or two degrees of separation for us all... we all know someone who knits or know someone who knows someone who knits. It's just crazy! Knitters are everywhere! I even saw a knitter and her knitting bag at a hockey game recently. There are knitting clubs creeping up in every burg, blogs devoted to knitting, oh it's just crazy! These people are in a frenzy! I'm not complaining, mind you. Thanks to the addict knitter I know, I received a gorgeous scarf for Christmas (in addition to the earrings and bracelet she made). I just l-o-v-e it!

When Dana told me she was into knitting, I pictured the old yarns my mom used to use to crochet. I still have some of those blankets she made and they're some of the warmest I own. But no, the yarns "have come a lonnng way" Dana tells me. She was right! It's no wonder these knitters are yearning for yarn these days. They're fabulous!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home