Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The Email, the Quiz and the Movie

Sometimes I really like to stop to look back at where I was not too long ago.

This morning, this VERY early morning, I checked the
NOAA radar to see what Alberto was up to and discovered what I should expect today as far as weather is concerned. After that quick update, I checked my email and browsed through the Borders Rewards email which mentioned Ann Brashares' book The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and her next release. Being one to rarely resist an online quiz, I was curious to learn which "sister" I am. Come to find out, Tibby and I are similar, which is what I thought when I saw the movie.

Once I saw photos from the movie, I looked at
Alexis Bledel's bio since I enjoy The Gilmore Girls (on DVD). I noticed that Alexis worked on the soon-to-be-released I'm Reed Fish. I did a search for Reed Fish and found his blog... then his girlfriend's blog. I enjoyed their photos and writings as I skipped around different months to get an idea of what they typically post. If anything, these people aren't typical. I find them both intriguing and quietly inspiring. So, after I conclude this post, I'll add both Reed and LD to my list of links so I'll be sure to revisit. I hope you will, too.

And hey, support independent film by going to see the movie when it hits your neighborhood.

Now, how about that rain and wind?!?! Alberto is here and my gardens are happy even if my corn looks like /// instead of lll.

2 Comments:

Blogger R.Powers said...

My squash looks like this ____.
The deer not the storm flattened them.

June 14, 2006 7:42 PM  
Blogger Reed Fish said...

Thanks for the shout out. We appreciate it!

June 29, 2006 3:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home