Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I'm Like a Bird



Jeremy discovered this family of baby mockingbirds tucked into a caution post at work. Of all the places to call home! Mama mockingbird was minding her flock from a close proximity while Jeremy tried to get a closer look at their humble abode. There were four peeping babies tucked into that tube and how they've survived this long is totally amazing! Their home offers z e r o protection from the weather (which is nothing short of way-hot) or from predators. My chickens are still considered fair game and they have lots of hiding places in the yard. It just boggles the mind that mama mockingbird would plant her nest where she did. I guess she's like me, she likes wide open spaces (although their quarters are a bit cramped). It's the wide open spaces of my mind that have kept me away lately. All is well, just needed to devote time and attention to other interests and To-Dos.

One thing that has held my attention avidly is this new MacBook. I've been working on our relationship, getting to know one another, becoming close companions but trying to take things slowly. With the transition to Mac comes information overload and overwhelmedness, if there is such a thing. The iMac and MacBook come with so many groovy gizmos that I've hardly known where to start. After pecking around a bit I decided to tackle iTunes.

There still remains a focus on decluttering and simplifying in our home so I thought getting rid of dust-collecting CDs would be an excellent multi-purpose project. I've been sorting through the myriad of music we have and have been downloading and determining which CDs are already destined for a trade at a local used bookstore. I'm not even a quarter of the way through our CD collection so the CDs pictured above are a mere sampling of some of the stuff I dig hearing.


Speaking of birds, check out my birds! Ginger and Ella are growing up to be beautiful young women chickens! They're right around 4 months old so within the next month or two, we should be scramblin' up some fresh organic eggs!

5 Comments:

Blogger Dave2 said...

Now THOSE are free-range chickens! :-)

July 20, 2006 12:03 AM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

It's like looking in a chicken mirror! Your girls look just like mine. I too can't wait for the day to walk into the coop and see an egg for the first time. I will probably be late to work, just so I can go back to the kitchen and fry that thing up. As fresh as it gets!

July 20, 2006 10:20 AM  
Blogger Wildside Musing said...

Your 4 month girls are beauts! Mine are just at 1 month, teenagers just losing baby fluff, but a ways to go yet!...

July 20, 2006 1:38 PM  
Blogger R.Powers said...

Your girls look great!

July 20, 2006 4:52 PM  
Blogger Lacy said...

LOVE THE PHOTOS! My girls are about the same age, and the wait is on! Of course, so is the heat (over 100, even in my shady backyard) so it may be a little longer.

Good to see you back! BTW- i love Jill Scott too!

July 21, 2006 1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home