Monday, August 21, 2006

Can You Hear Me Now?

Listen to me, I'm a klutz. I can't believe what a klutz I was at the airport in Louisville last week. I had stopped by a rip-you-off shop to buy some postcards, Maker's Mark goodies and a little something to remind me of Louisville. Like all my childhood memories aren't enough?! Well, I saw the Kokopelli painted pony and knew that was the one for me. I love the Kokopelli. I had the shopguy wrap my pony in bubble wrap even though I would carefully be transporting it in my carry on bag. Not one minute later, I stepped out of the shop and dropped the bag. thump! My pony went deaf... I knocked his ears right off.

Thank goodness for glue, made from ponies, right?

2 Comments:

Blogger mim said...

What a lovely kokopeli pony. Having a repaired ear gives it a wabi-sabi-ness that makes it special & unique. And this is from me, a major klutz (think pin & plate.) Thinking of you. Oh, your postcard from 8.14 arrived today. hugs!

August 21, 2006 11:43 PM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

What a pretty sculpture. I've never seen these before. You won't even notice the ear.

August 22, 2006 12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home