Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I'm So Proud


Ella laid her first egg today.

Incidentally, I'm home. No, not because Ella laid an egg but because I hit a limit in Indiana. In situations like this, you sometimes see the worst in people. I chose not to subject myself to those surroundings and came home yesterday. I left after visiting Gina and exchanging I love yous. I told her I'd be back and I will, but I'm not sure when. She was moved into a nursing home last night and it's up to my niece to monitor my sister's care which is what I was doing. She is just now learning that my being there DID matter and it had a direct impact on her. Some lessons are hard to learn I suppose. I just hope that she truly grasps the depth of my wish which was for Gina to not be alone. Sadly, I doubt she will but as always, there is hope.

Thanks again for the comments, calls, emails and snail mail. Your thoughts and prayers do mean so much to me.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Dolsons said...

Nice egg J, what's for supper ;)

you know I was anticipating it as well, the timing was about right.

August 17, 2006 9:36 AM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

I got my first egg this week too, on Wednesday. Then one one Thursday and one this morning. Mine are smaller than a large egg at the grocery store, but I can't wait to cook them tomorrow morning. Funny to be so excited about an egg huh?

August 18, 2006 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home