Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Beauty




Although our summer garden didn't provide a harvest bounty, it did prove well for flowers. Sunflowers are my favorite flower and to actually grow my own gave me an amazing sense of pride. Next year, the giants will be planted around the perimeter of the yard. An incredibly simple pleasure of this spring and summer has been the watering of the butterfly garden with Ginger and Ella keeping me company. It's magical to have butterflies and hummingbirds flittering by. They've served as a much needed reminder of finding the beauty that is so close by and within reach.

8 Comments:

Blogger Dave2 said...

Beauty is everywhere, if you should care to look for it.

But not everybody has butterflies... :-)

July 26, 2006 8:57 PM  
Blogger mim said...

Oh, your flaura & fawna are beautiful. Brava!

July 26, 2006 9:12 PM  
Blogger The Coz said...

Wow, those are beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing.

July 26, 2006 9:53 PM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

What is that orange flower? Its really pretty but I'm not familiar with it. I planted sunflowers too, in addition to the ones that volunteer in the garden every year. So cheerful.

July 27, 2006 10:18 AM  
Blogger Juli said...

I *think* the orange flower is a cosmos, but I'm not sure. The sunflowers I planted were dwarfs so they grew to about 4' tall. Next year will be the biggins!

July 27, 2006 3:00 PM  
Blogger vintagechica said...

butterflies, flowers, hummingbirds your kids and a little watering...what mroe could a gardeny mama want?!?! Wonderful photos!

July 27, 2006 11:30 PM  
Blogger Wildside Musing said...

Oh yes, so beautiful!!! :-)

July 28, 2006 9:35 AM  
Blogger R.Powers said...

Beautiful!
I think that orange one is a cosmos too.

July 30, 2006 7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home