Saturday, August 19, 2006

Poultry Pebbles


Ella's eggs sure are small. She's laid three since Wednesday and I've photographed today's egg aside an egg I bought at the grocery. I was with her when she laid this morning and I'm not so sure she's doing it right. She spent nearly an hour twirling around in a circle trying to get her nest just so. After that, she stood up, flared her wings out a little, squatted a little and less than a minute later, I heard the egg drop. I thought she was taking a crap actually.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Dolsons said...

they'll get bigger, I promise. AND, I am surprised she let you watch......well, maybe not considering how almost domesticated they are :)

August 19, 2006 3:30 PM  
Blogger mim said...

Oh, Juli
I love your egg photos. They are so ... ovoid? What a perfectly wonderful experience..you have your own little hen giving you cute eggs.

August 20, 2006 8:08 AM  
Blogger El said...

Hey Juli, just stumbled on to your site from Pocket Farm's...don't do a Size Matters thing with your eggs. They'll be getting bigger. It takes a while for the girls to get things right! And you might expect a double-yolker, a no-sheller (yes totally gross esp. when you put your hand into the nest in the dark as I did) and on occasion a near-sheller. What fun, eh?

August 23, 2006 4:00 PM  
Blogger Wildside Musing said...

I see "eggcitement" happening at your blog!

Hope you are doing ok with everything... And it's ok even if you're not. It seems you've been through a lot lately.

August 26, 2006 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home