Friday, July 21, 2006

I Hate to Brag

... But I will. I love me some chickens and since the last picture of the girls received praise, I feel obligated to post a couple more.

Ginger has been practicing her Marilyn McNugget pose atop the heat pump. Unfortunately, she does it when I don't have the camera with me or when it's getting late and any attempt to snap a cool pic is in vain. This one will at least give you an idea of what she looks like with her feathers a-fluffin'. (Please excuse that awful, awful pic!) At that particular moment, she looked more like a chicken practicing for space but more times than not, her feathers are all fluffed out and flowing in the breeze. Silly, silly girl chicken.

Ella, in contrast, is more distinguished. She has remained very vocal and now sounds like she's saying "OHHHhhhhh" like she's very concerned about something or another. It was interesting to see her position change from follower to leader once the Cockerel-Formally-Known-As-Xena left. There isn't much of a pecking order since it's just the two of them but on occasion they'll posture a little but hey, all females do that in some fashion when another female is around. Overall, they're just the best of friends and seem very content to do their chicken work all day long.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dave2 said...

Now that I've got to know your extended family... please don't eat them or turn them into McNuggets or something. I don't think I could take it... :-(

July 21, 2006 11:36 AM  
Blogger Juli said...

You have my word, Dave!

July 21, 2006 5:58 PM  
Blogger Wildside Musing said...

Oh, that Ginger!!! ;-)

When I had just two birds they seemed to take turns on who was top hen... Depending on who was feeling best at the moment...

July 23, 2006 5:10 PM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

Uh, the Marilyn, ruffling feathers photo is hilarious. You need to figure out how to shoot a short video. I would watch that over and over. I find myself eating a lot less chicken lately.

July 25, 2006 10:25 AM  
Blogger R.Powers said...

My roosters are crowing over that Marilyn photo.
I'm just laughing.

July 30, 2006 7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home